Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford & District
Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4EH
Direct line Chief Officer: 01379 642291
Fax: 01379 640530
Annual General Meeting of Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford and District (‘the Charity’)
To be held on Thursday, 4th October 2018 at 3.30 p.m. at
Diss Community Centre, Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4EH
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (Meeting) of Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford and District (the Charity) will be held at Diss Community Centre, Shelfanger Road, Diss, IP24 4EH on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 to transact the following business:
- Public Welcome by Marion Morse, MBE, the Chair of Trustees of the Charity.
- To receive apologies for absence and any declarations of interest.
- Approval of minutes: 3.1 Resolution: That the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Charity held on 5th October, 2017 be approved.
- Resolution: That the accounts of the Charity for the financial year ended 31 March 2018 be approved and adopted.
- To receive the progress report of Marion Morse, the Chair of Trustees.
- The election of Trustees:
- Resolution: That Stephen Drake be re-elected a Trustee.
- Resolution: That Marion Chapman-Allen be elected a Trustee.
- If required: The election of any other person properly nominated in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Charity.
- Resolution: That Larking Gowen continue to be appointed as the Independent Examiners of the Charity.
- To discuss any other business properly conducted at an Annual General Meeting of the Charity.
- To invite individuals and organisations in agreement with the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service to become Members of the Charity.
By Order of the Board of Trustees, notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford and District (Company Number 04212031 and Charity Number 1089052), at the time, date and venue set out above.
Any Member of the Charity is entitled to appoint another person as a proxy to exercise any and all rights to attend and to speak and vote at a meeting of the Charity.
Marion Morse, MBE
Chair of Trustees
Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford and District
Appointment of proxies
- As a member of the Charity, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting and you should have received a proxy form with this notice of meeting. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
- A proxy does not need to be a member of the Charity but must attend the Meeting to represent you. Details of how to appoint the Chairman of the Meeting or another person as your proxy using the proxy form are set out in the notes to the proxy form.
- If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of proxy using hard copy proxy form
- The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution or withhold their vote.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
- completed and signed;
- sent or delivered to the Charity at Citizens Advice, Diss, Thetford & District, Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4EH
Changing proxy instructions
- To change your proxy instructions simply submit a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above.
Where you have appointed a proxy using the hard-copy proxy form and would like to change the instructions using another hard-copy proxy form, please contact Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford & District, Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4EH.
If you submit more than one valid proxy appointment, the appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of proxy appointments
- In order to revoke a proxy instruction you will need to inform the Charity by sending a signed hard copy notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to Citizens Advice Diss, Thetford & District, Shelfanger Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4EH
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the Meeting and voting in person. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the Meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
Time for Receipt of Proxy form
- Proxy appointment forms must be delivered at least 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting and an instrument of proxy which is not so delivered shall be invalid.