Diss Christmas Lights Switch-On 2018
On Saturday 24th November 2018, from 2.30pm, Diss is the place to be for all your Christmas shopping and entertainment with the renowned Diss Christmas Lights Switch-On in the Market Place. Come and see what festive delights are on offer in the heart of Diss from 2.30pm-5.30pm. The grand switch-on will take place at 5pm!
You cannot fail to be entertained with a fantastic programme of activities planned- Enjoy a chance to meet this year’s Corn Hall panto cast from ‘Dick Whittington’ as they mingle with the crowds– Be sure to give them a wave if you see them! There’s also a great selection of live music performers with Joe Aiken, Celidh Band, ABBA tribute band and carol singing from local school children to get you in the festive spirit! Everyone’s friendly magician Ali Shazan will be taking to the stage to work his magic on you all… and Ben Langley, panto star and Britain’s Got Talent contestant, will be returning again this year as our special guest to switch on the Christmas lights with the Town Mayor and Parky the Bear.
As always, your favourite local radio station ‘Park Radio’ will be hosting the event and keeping you informed from start to finish while playing the festive tunes.
Also, the brightly lit Vintage Fire Engine from Bressingham Steam Museum will deliver Santa along Mere Street to the Diss Market Place for the 5pm switch-on. Santa will then be keen to meet the children from his sleigh.
Eat and drink to your heart’s content with plenty of seasonal refreshments available. From German chocolates and delicious doughnuts to hog roasts, German sausages and even a fish finger sandwich, plus much more!
Thanks to the Christmas Lights organising team for all their hard work this year and of course to all the local business who have contributed so generously towards the special night for Diss.
A special thanks goes to the following sponsors:
- Larter & Ford for donating the wheelbarrow for our ‘Beer Barrow’ raffle
- Simpsons Malt for donating a variety of ales
- Morrisons, Tesco and Aldi for contributing the Christmas hampers.
- D.A Browne for donating a £10 voucher
- Fredericks Fine Foods for donating a £20 voucher
- AW Myhill for donating a hand-held telephone
- Barbara’s Hairdressing for donating a beauty gift set & perfume
- Sue Kiddie from ‘Tatters’ for her kind £50 cash donation
- The Corn Hall for donating 2 sets of family panto tickets to see ‘Dick Whittington’